Dating Den Episode 180 – With Sherrie Toews: The One Thing You're Missing to Become a Badass Confident Woman Quality Men Can't Resist
Marni welcomes Master Breakthrough Coach, Sherrie Toews back into the Den to talk about how to stop letting life’s circumstances keep you from your destiny. The dynamic duo discusses the negative limiting beliefs that lead us to feel unworthy, strategies for overcoming childhood wounding, and the skills and tools available to ignite your life.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Releasing the baggage childhood
- Transforming the stories we believe about ourselves
- Stepping into your fully actualized self
- How to take control of your life and live courageously
- Resources to help you take action and ignite your life
What Gets in the Way of Being Fully Actualized? [4:28]
Automatic negative limiting beliefs keep us from being fully self-actualized. These limiting beliefs are, in essence, the false acceptance of certain truths or FACTs. They feel real to us because on some level, over time we have made these beliefs our truths.
Sherri asks us ‘what if they aren’t true? What if they are stories we are making up about who we are?’.
To shift our mindsets we have to implement the information our brains take in. This is the implementation phase. We need visceral and somatic reinforcers. But, Sherri says this is where people get tripped up. They fear the unknown and they fear asking for help. So little by little limiting beliefs regain their hold over us.
The little ‘whos’ are the younger parts of us that suffered wounds in childhood. If we were overwhelmed psychologically when we were young, we turned inward and decided there was something wrong with us or that we were not good enough. We make adult decisions based on childhood wounds. It’s the little ‘whos’ who trip up our progress when we are trying to shift our lives.
Our little ‘whos’ don’t like uncertainty and in dating, nothing is guaranteed.
Live Courageously & Date with Dignity [18:18]
To take control of your life you have to learn to live courageously and release your fears. Because there is something beyond the fear which stretches our capacity to implement and grow.
Many women share a common fear of not being worthy or of being too much.
Simple steps to ignite your life
- Ask yourself, what action can I take to change?
- Expect nervousness or fear.
- Consider who you can ask for help.
- Be aware of old patterns from past relationships.
Ignite Your Life Now! [27:23]
Marni and the Dating with Dignity team are ready, willing, and able to ignite your life, now.
Get the skills and tools you need to create a robust fire in your heart:
- Join our Dating Den Private Community, full of like-minded listeners, and get access to Marni’s meditations and tips.
- Join us for Ignite Your Life to create a life with no limits, filled with fulfillment, purpose and LOVE with an amazing man who is your equal
Make the choice to stop letting life’s circumstances stop you from being fully actualized.
Make a Connection:
Follow us on Instagram @thedatingden